We are Smart Health Europe (Company number 10448174), trading as “Smart Chemist”. We understand how important protection of your personal information is to you. The purpose of this policy is to let you know how we handle the information collected through the use of this website.
At Smart Chemist protection of your personal information is of the utmost importance to us. This policy is occasionally update so please do review this page on a regular basis to check for any updates.
Our Patient Confidentiality Promise
At Smart Chemist we promise to always keep your order history, as well as your medical history confidential. Only our doctors and pharmacists will have access to this information in order to ensure safe prescribing and dispensing of our products. We will not break confidentiality under any circumstances unless required to by law or requested by yourselves.
Cookies and Tracking
The Company uses various technologies, which may include “cookie” technology, to gather information from our website visitors, such as pages visited and how often they are visited, and to enable certain features on this website.
“Cookies” are small text files that may be placed on your computer when you visit a website or click on a URL. Cookies may include “single-session cookies” which generally record information during only a single visit to a website and then are erased, and “persistent” cookies, which are generally stored on a computer unless or until they are deleted or are set to expire.
You may disable cookies and similar items by adjusting your browser preferences at any time; however, this may limit your ability to take advantage of all the features on this website. You may also manage the use of “flash” technologies, with the Flash management tools available at Adobe's website.
We may use analytics companies to gather information and aggregate data from our website visitors, such as which pages are visited and how often they are visited, and to enable certain features on our websites. Information is captured using various technologies and may include cookies.
Some examples of the ways we use your activity information include:
- Customizing your experience on the website, including managing and recording your preferences.
- Marketing, product development and research purposes.
- Tracking resources and data accessed on the website and visitor location.
- Developing reports regarding website usage, activity and statistics.
- Assisting users experiencing website problems.
- Enabling certain functions and tools on this website.
- Tracking paths of visitors to this website and within this website.
Information We Collect
This website may include web pages that give you the opportunity to provide us with personal information about yourself. You do not have to provide us with personal information if you do not want to; however, that may limit your ability to use certain functions of this website or to request certain services or information.
We may use personal information for a number of purposes, such as:
- To respond to an email or particular request from you.
- To personalise the website for you.
- To process an application as requested by you.
- To administer surveys and promotions.
- To provide you with information that we believe may be useful to you, such as information about health products or services provided by us or other businesses.
- To perform analytics and to improve our products, websites and advertising.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations and legal processes.
- To protect someone's health, safety or welfare.
- To keep a record of our transactions and communications.
- To run an identity check to ensure you are not being impersonating you and to prevent fraud
As otherwise necessary or useful for us to conduct our business, so long as such use is permitted by law.
We may use personal information to contact you through any contact information you provide through this website, including any email address, telephone number, cell phone number, text message number or fax number. Please see the section below titled “Our Online Communications Practices.”
We may combine personal information that you provide us through this website with other information we have received from you, whether online or offline, or from other sources.
For example, if you have purchased a product or service from us, we may combine personal information you provide through this website with information regarding your receipt of the product or service.
Website and Information Security
We will maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information that you provide on this website. Sometimes it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
However, no security system is impenetrable, we are not liable for the illegal acts of third parties, such as criminal hackers.
Our Online Communication Practices
We may send electronic newsletters, notification of account status, and other communications, such as marketing communications, on a periodic basis to various individuals and organizations.
We may also send email communications regarding topics such as general health benefits, website updates, health conditions and general health topics.
We offer you appropriate consent mechanisms, such as opt-out, for marketing and certain other communications. As examples, you may opt-out as provided for in a specific email communication or contact us as described below in the section “Contact Us.”
Please be aware that opt-outs may not apply to certain types of communications, such as account status, website updates or other communications.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to your Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover the administrative costs relating to providing this information to you.